Pages

4/21/12

Holding on to today

Somedays I can't wait for the girls to grow up. I look forward to the days when they are older and I have more freedom and flexibility. When they don't need me as much and can fend for themselves a little more. Being a mom is a 24/7/365 kinda job, especially with babies and toddlers, and it can wear a person out!

But then as I was rocking and cuddling with Kara tonight before bed, I was thinking how much I love holding her! I love that she needs me and wants me to be with her. I love singing to her and watching her fall asleep in my arms. I don't want those things to go away! I love love how excited the girls get when they see come in to pick them up after school. How they miss me even when I'm only gone for a few minutes! Sure independence and freedom from the worries of mommyhood would be nice, but I want to remember to embrace these moments! Not wish them away.

A time will come much to soon when they don't turn to me for everything, when they don't want to cuddle in my lap, or hold my hand. So I am holding on to these moments now. Moments I want to cherish and not forget!

"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
My baby you'll be."

No comments:

Post a Comment