Pages

4/23/12

Yummo - meal plan and a new recipe!

Here's the meal plan for what we're eating this week. I'm excited to try out a couple new recipes.


Tonight we tried out a recipe I found on the Eating Well website. I bought an Eggplant at the grocery store a few days ago because they were on special, but wasn't sure what to make with it.  The only other time I've cooked with eggplant was to make eggplant parmesean and I didn't like it. The eggplant got all soggy and gross. So I went in search for a new way to use this eggplant I bought, and found this recipe for Eggplant Pomodoro Pasta http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/eggplant_pomodoro_pasta.html

It was super easy and we really enjoyed it! Just dice up the tomatoes and eggplant.

 Saute them up with some garlic and olive oil, then toss in the caper, green olives, and red wine vinegar.

Served over pasta and I topped ours with fresh parsley and parmesean cheese. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment