Pages

5/14/12

This week's meal plan + a couple "recipes"

Here's the meals I have planned for this week:

Mon- salsa chicken and rice
Tues- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas
Wed- grilled salmon, picatta pasta, green beans
Thurs- mandarin chicken salad
Fri- egg and spinach breakfast burritos, fruit salad


Tonight I made a new to me yummy mexican dish. Now this meal wasn't rocket science so I'm not sure it can even be called a recipe, but it was simple and delicious so I thought I'd share what I did in case any of y'all what to try it out.

Salsa Chicken and Rice Skillet

1 cup brown rice (cook per package instructions)
1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
1 cup salsa (maybe a little more, I just dumped some in)
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans (drained/rinsed)
1 tsp olive oil
salt
pepper
cumin
chili powder
garlic powder
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes, season with spices. Heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat, brown the chicken until just done, add in salsa, beans, and corn. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.  Add cooked rice and stir until combined. Turn burner to low heat, Top with cheese, cover and let sit for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
And your finished, enjoy :)

I ate mine on a bed of fresh spinach, while Jack and the girls just had their's straight up. You could even wrap it up like a burrito. If that's how you roll ; )


The other recipe I wanted to share has been floating around pinterest for quite sometime.
I have made these 4 time already, b/c they are so stinkin delicious. And they are a perfect little snack to have in the fridge. So if you haven't yet...you've got to give these a try!

http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-bake-energy-bites-recipe.html

No Bake Energy Bites

1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed - (a super good source of omega 3's and fiber!)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla

Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
 
I hope you if you all try these recipes you love them as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment