Pages

8/15/11

Back to School!!!

Today was our first day of school. Kirsten was so excited to go back to school this year! She is in a preschool class with about 20 other kids her age and just loves it! The other teachers are all wonderful and she loves getting to do school work, sing songs, play, and make crafts!
Kara is in a class with all the other little babies. She gets to play, swing, sleep, (all that baby stuff). The ladies who take care of them are awesome and I know she is in good hands!
I really miss seeing them for that few hours in the morning. I probably miss them more than they miss me :)  But I love working with the other teachers in my class and getting time to socialize a little myself.  And I know it's great for Kirsten to get out to socialize with other kids as well.

Here we are ready for school...

Ignore the mess in the background, we are still moving in :)


Then Kirsten said, "Now let me take one of you Mom."
(My first UK shirt, maybe I'm a fan now!)

We had a great first day! My room was a little nuttzo, but it always is for the first little bit until the kids get used to everything. I think we have a great group of kids though and I can already tell there are some real sweethearts in the bunch that will soon become my best buds!
Kirsten got to practice drawing circles and made a little bear puppet. She said she likes Mrs. Michelle and that she "talks nice" :) She also got to play outside on the playground and she was a little worried that she got her new school shoes dirty.
Kara did great too! I packed her  baby cereal for the teachers to feed her and then went to her class to nurse her real quick when it was time to eat. I am so thankful that I can do that so I don't have to worry about pumping or her not taking a bottle. Kara is pretty easy going and happy so I knew she wouldn't have a problem.

I better go to bed now, I have 20+ energetic cuties waiting for me to play with them in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment