Pages

8/8/11

Bedhead and Baby food

  Check out Kirsten's hair!



She woke up this morning rocking the perfect 80's frizz! haha! As I was laughing and taking pictures of her, she got embarrassed and said "Mommy, fix my hair please."

On to the baby food...

When Kirsten was a baby I decided to make her baby food myself instead of spending the ridiculous amount on the jarred stuff. Not only is it a lot cheaper to make it myself, it tastes a lot better too. The options are endless, you can make almost any fruit or vegetable into the perfect baby food. It's super simple.

Today I made butternut squash. Just cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.




Lay them skin side up in a baking dish and add a little bit of water to the dish. Bake at 375 for 45min-1hr. Until the squash is soft and skin is bubbly.

 Then just scoop out all the good stuff into your food processor. I usually need to add about 1/2cup of water to get it to the consistency I like. Then blend it all up until it's nice a smooth.


Perfect!


This makes a lot for only a couple dollars. To store it I spoon the food into ice cube trays, cover and freeze and then pop them out and put them in a freezer bag. When it's time to eat, I just take a couple cubes out and heat them up. You can easily make yummy combinations by adding a cube of apple to squash, etc.

So far for Kara I have made sweet potato, apples, squash, and banana. Some foods like banana and avocado, you don't even need to cook first. Just mash it up and add a little water to thin it out if you need to.




No comments:

Post a Comment