Pages

9/11/11

One little monkey swinging from a tree!

We no longer have a swing set in our backyard since moving to this new house and Kirsten really misses having it. So while she was napping yesterday I decided to try to make her a swing to hang on a little tree we have in our yard.
I have some old dresser drawer front panels lying around that I had saved to use as shelves, so I used one of those along with some rope we had in our shed to build her a little swing. The wood already had a couple of holes from the drawer handles so I just had to make those a little bigger and then loop the rope through it.
When Kirsten woke up from her nap I told her I had a surprise for her in the backyard. She was really excited when she saw the swing hanging from the tree.
While she was swinging on it she said "Next day, you can make me a slide! Just take a hammer and put it up and boop boop boop. Then we'll have a slide too!"

I was so happy this worked out like I envisioned it. I loved being able to surprise Kirsten and give her something fun!



The weather was awesome outside today, so after nap time we took a walk to the small park that is just down the street from our house.


This was Kara's first time in a swing. She was a little unsure at first but after a few seconds she started smiling and loving it :)



Kirsten's a little dare devil on the swings, and always wants to go really high! We do the under-doggy :)


My sweet girls already have so much fun together. I love it!




1 comment: