Pages

6/20/11

One of our favorites

I haven't been making this dish long but it has quickly become one of our favorite dinners. It's super simple, and has TONS of flavor!

I first set out to make Chicken Piccata because Jack tried it at the Cheesecake Factory and loved it!

Now, I'm definitely not claiming this to be equal to that of the beloved Factory but it's pretty darn good!
The recipe that I use comes from another blog that I follow: http://www.ahealthysliceoflife.com/


Chicken Piccata
4 chicken breasts, pounded down until they are 1/4 inch thick
1/3 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 c white wine
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp parsley
1 large garlic clove, pressed
2 Tbsp capers

Combine flour, salt and pepper in dish.  Add 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil to skillet over medium.  Dredge pounded chicken pieces in flour mixture, and cook 3 minutes on each side in skillet until golden brown.  Remove the chicken, and keep it warm (under a tinfoil tent).  Add 1 Tbsp butter, wine, lemon, garlic, parsley and capers to skillet.  Stir until warm. Once the sauce has warmed up, either spoon over chicken, or, like I did, stick the chicken back in the skillet and then serve.

I wasn't able to pound out my chicken breasts as much as I should have for 2 reason:
1) I don't have a meat mallet, instead I was using the side of a can of fruit. lol!
2) I didn't want to wake my sleeping baby :)

No big deal though, they just take a few more minutes to cook if you leave them thicker.

The KEY ingredients for AWESOME flavor!


On the side we had angel hair pasta and roasted green beans



Toss frozen or fresh green beans in a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
 Cook at 425 for about 15 minutes.




What's one of your favorite dishes to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment