A few key things I took away from this documentary where:
- It really is true: Garbage in, Garbage out!
- "Let thy Food be thy Medicine and thy Medicine be thy Food" - Hippocrates.
- Take your Vitamins!
- Drink 1 liter of water every morning before eating anything else. This jumps starts your metabolism, and helps to flush out the yuck :)
- Strive to make at least 51% of your diet raw (uncooked) to get the maximum amount of nutrients you can.
- It is up to me to take responsibility for what I put in my mouth. Instead of investing in houses and cars, we need to be investing in our lives by feeding ourselves and our children wholesome foods.
I know how important it is to eat healthy and take care of my body, but it is so easy to get lazy and complacent. This film was a good reminder! Even more so as a Christian I know my body is a temple of God! Am I really honoring that body by putting all that junk food into it?
If you decide to check out "Food Matters" I'd love to hear what you think.